You are here

Filing a Proof of Claim


A CM/ECF login is not required to docket claims electronically. All claims in any case where there is no Claims Agent assigned are accepted through the Court's website.

Using the ePOC system, a Proof of Claim may now be filed and amended electronically. ePOC will generate the official Bankruptcy Proof of Claim (B410) form based upon the information entered.

Please have access to the following information before you begin:

  • Case Number
  • Address(es) where notices from the Court and payments from the Trustee should be sent (if different than the noticing address)
  • Claim Amount
  • Documentation supporting your rights to the claim amount (if any) in PDF format with personal identifiers properly redacted (Social Security or taxpayer identification numbers; dates of birth; names of minor children; and financial account numbers, per Fed. R. Bankr. P. 9037)

Penalty for filing fraudulent claim: Fine of up to $500,000 or imprisonment for up to 5 years, or both. 11 U.S.C. §§ 152 and 3571.


ePOC Filing Guide (screen shots and explanations)

ePOC Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)



Other Proof of Claim Information

Proof of Claim Form and Instructions

Pursuant to Standing Order 20-208, all claims shall be filed using the Electronic Proof of Claim System ("ePOC") except for pro se creditors or attorneys (see below).

Attorneys and registered CM/ECF users should file claims electronically through the Court's Case Management/Electronic Case Files System ("CM/ECF").

Pro Se creditors without access to a computer may obtain a Proof of Claim Form B410 and instructions at the following link: Proof of Claim (National Bankruptcy Form B410).

For those permitted to file a paper Proof of Claim, submit the completed form in person or by mail or overnight delivery to:

United States Bankruptcy Court
Western District of Pennsylvania
Attn: Claims Clerk
5414 U.S. Steel Tower
600 Grant Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219

Note that claims filed in cases pending in the Court's Erie Division or Johnstown Division also should be mailed to the above address. Should you wish to receive a file-stamped copy of the claim, together with an indication of the claim number assigned to the claim, please send in an extra copy of the proof of claim together with a self-addressed stamped envelope.

For assistance please email the Help Desk at